Wednesday, December 05, 2012

'Tis The Season...


for some holiday spirit, which I've been lacking a bit this year. I have to admit that I got a little emotionally caught up in the craziness of Black Friday, and it really put a damper on my Christmas spirit . I won't go into full detail here, but let me just say that I do think it's a sad state of affairs in our country when we are so consumed by material possessions that we will force people to have to miss their entire Thanksgiving day with their families (which, in my opinion, should be our most important focus) because they have to work and prepare for the insanity that entails Black Friday - an early morning monstrosity dedicated to consumerism, which studies are now showing really don't even lead to the great savings that shoppers believe they are getting. I am thankful that I have a career that allows me to be with my family on Thanksgiving, and I truly wish that Black Friday would go away so that the rest of America could say the same thing.

Now, with all that being said, I'm officially putting it behind me and moving on to the lighter side of things. I am going to allow myself to enjoy the holiday season and think of it not as a mass celebration of consumerism, but instead as what it is really meant to be about, and that is a season of giving and selflessness!

I think I shall start by giving you my ideas for what I think would make some great holiday gifts, because, hey...I like shopping and getting/receiving gifts as much as the next person. (I just don't think people should have to miss out on Thanksgiving day with their families because of it!) So, I hope you like my gift giving ideas. Stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment