Saturday, October 09, 2010

Memories


















Thought I'd post some pics of me and the 'ol hubby since tomorrow we will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary! Some of these were taken by my brother-in-law, and some of them were taken by my dear friend Jenna of the blog http://www.jennapaetz.blogspot.com/ a.k.a. Time Well Spent. We used these as both inserts for our Christmas cards in 2008 and as our engagement photos.
Looking back, I can see that this was my fat and happy/emotional eating year, because I was a bit thicker then than I am now...at least I hope so!! :)
I was super excited to be engaged, but I was also emotional because the man that I love was living in L.A. for work, while I was in Sacramento LOATHING my work and drudging through the beginning of a rough Master's Degree program. We were separated logistically for more than a year after having already lived together. Needless to say, it sucked and although I was happy, I was sad, too. (Weird how life works sometimes, huh?) I did a lot of emotional eating then. However, I'm happy to report that I managed to stop eating as much, start working out with a trainer, and my man moved back to Sacramento with me in enough time to plan our wedding and for me to feel like I looked pretty on my wedding day...which is a day I'm still in love with.
When I think back about my wedding day, it's bitter sweet. I have AMAZING memories of that day. It is by far one of the best days of my life thus far. But because it was so great, it makes me a bit sad that it couldn't have lasted longer and that I can't relive it all over again. I think my husband thinks I'm a bit crazy for this. LOL! Oh well, what's a girl to do?!?
Still, I have wonderful memories of my wedding day and how perfect it was. I absolutely loved the love that I felt that day. I couldn't have been happier.
I'm so excited to get to celebrate my one year wedding anniversary tomorrow with my wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment