Saturday, October 30, 2010

This Is NOT High Fashion, People!!


While perusing public places, watching reality television shows, or even checking out websites that claim to be affiliated with couture fashion, I quite often come across things that blow my mind! I see images of people sporting fashions (if that's what you even want to call it), that clearly do not define, in my mind, what high fashion is all about. Nor do the things that I see even come close to constituting what any sort of good sense of fashion is, either .
Just to name a few, here are some of the things that I really don't think the editors of Vogue would call high fashion pieces:
* Fake fingernails
* Ed Hardy clothing
* Sequined, embellished, or ugly studded belts
* Embellished jeans
* Hoochie mama mini dresses
* Crazy eye makeup
* Chest tattoos
* Pink hair extensions
* Skunk hair
* Way too wavy hair done with a hair tool
* Face piercings
* Skull T-shirts
Stay tuned to let me further explain...

No comments:

Post a Comment